Parks & Facilities
Green River Facilities
The City of Green River Parks and Recreation Department manages state-of-the-art indoor facilities and hundreds of acres of developed and undeveloped parkland.
- City Parks and Open Spaces - Green River’s 28 City parks and open spaces offer aesthetically pleasing landscapes and shelters for picnics and hiking, sports and playground equipment, and even trails for walking and biking along the Greenbelt
- Playgrounds – coming soon
- Pathways – coming soon
- Green River Recreation Center - A facility to help support an active lifestyle and improving fitness for the entire family
- Expedition Island Pavilion (PDF) - Green River’s historical meeting location for large and small groups
- Reserve a Facility - You can rent any one of our Parks or Park Facilities. Just follow this link, put in your event date, the type of space you need, and click search to determine the eligibility of the space you are looking to reserve.
- Green River Whitewater Park and Tubing Channel - Independent of skill level and age, the Green River Whitewater Park provides an opportunity to interact with the City’s greatest natural resource at Expedition Island Park. Use of these Whitewater Park and North Channel Tubing channel is at no cost and provides an opportunity to not only get in the water but a great place for a picnic, a walk, a bike ride or just a beautiful area to sit and enjoy the natural beauty of the Green River.
- Mosquito Control - Consider taking these easy steps to help us with mosquito abatement.
- Weed Control - Consider taking these easy steps to keep your property clear of weeds. – coming soon
- Tree Control - What is our tree ordinance and what can you do about your trees. – coming soon