Facility Shutdown Schedule
The shutdown was early in 2020 due to COVID-19.
The Green River Recreation Center’s Annual Maintenance typically take place mid-August through early September. Updates will be made during this time. In addition to the items listed below, the staff will deep clean the facility.
Shutdown Events (2019):
- The Gymnasium will be closed from Monday, August 19th through Monday, September 2nd. The floors are being screened to take away damage from hard usage; two coats of finish will be applied to the floors, and finally set to dry. Opening: The Gymnasium is projected to open back up Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Multi-Use Fitness Room and Racquetball Courts 1 and 4 will be closed from Tuesday, August 20th through Monday, September 2nd. The floors are being screened to take away damage from hard usage; two coats of finish will be applied to the floors, and finally set to dry. Opening: They will open back up Tuesday, September 3rd.
- The Swimming Pool will be closed Monday, August 26th through Monday, September 2nd. We will replace valves on the pool filter tank, redo the finish on the stainless-steel gutters, and lay tuff coat around the remainder of the pool for traction while patching spots on the current tuff coat. Opening: The Swimming Pool is projected to open back up Saturday, August 31st.
- The Shower side of both Locker Rooms will be closed Monday, August 26th through Thursday, August 29th. We will be replacing the roll-up mats in the locker area and laying down the same tuff coat as we have in the pool area. The showers will need to remain dry for four (4) days in order to adhere properly to the tile. Opening: The Showers are projected to open back up Friday, August 30th.
- The Steam Room will be closed Friday, August 30th through Saturday, September 7th. The steam room tile is being replaced in the entire steam room area. We will be removing all the old tile from the floor, benches, and walls and replacing them with newly updated tile. Opening: The Steam Room is projected to open back up Sunday, September 8th.
- The Sauna will be closed Tuesday, September 3 through Friday, September 6th. We will remove the original cedar wood and replace it with all new cedar throughout the entire sauna. The result will be a refurbished and renewed sauna. Opening: The Sauna is projected to open back up Saturday, September 7th.
As many parts of the Green River Recreation Center will be closed periodically, we will extend membership passes by request. Please check with the front desk of the Recreation Center to fill out your extension request or print it here and turn it into the front desk. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. These scheduled maintenance activities are essential and necessary to maintain a quality, clean and safe facility for our patrons for the rest of the year.
The hot tub, weight room, cardio hallway, and portions of the facility will remain open, with varying dates based on the work being done. Please contact the front desk to find out what is open on any particular day (307) 872-0511 ext. 0.
Thank you to our community for your support while we make improvements and upgrades to our facility.
2019 Shutdown Plan of Attack Day-by-Day
All work is done in house by our awesome full-time and part-time staff unless listed otherwise. The pool is on schedule to open Tuesday, September 3rd at 5:00 AM.
September 3, 2019 - Annual Maintenance Day #10! We are so pleased to be doing an update of our Sauna boards and Steam Room tile! The whole wet area will be closed through September 4th. The rest of the facility is now open!
August 29, 2019 - Staff completed two coats of seal on the stainless steel of the pool gutter. They are continuing to caulk and finish the area they removed cove base from earlier in the week and path other area. They are also sealing between the tile floor and pool gutter. Lastly, they will put together our new pool benches!
August 28, 2019 - Staff are finishing the first coat and thinking we can get in two more coats today!
August 27, 2019 continued - Staff has measured and laid out the 2-foot sections with lining around the whole pool and locker room shower area. Finally, it is time for the primer to get put down and must remain dry overnight. If not fully dry, it will peel right off. They will be working overtime to get it done today! Thank you for your hard work!
August 27, 2019 - Staff is prepping the pool deck and locker room shower tile for the tuff coat. First, they sprayed a diluted acid mixture. Then, they scrubbed and rinsed it off. This will help the tuff coat to adhere to the tile. Later, they will be measuring the 2-foot sections and lining it around the whole pool and locker room shower area. Finally, the primer will get put down and must remain dry overnight. If not fully dry, it will peel right off.
August 26, 2019 - Erica and Gerald are in our pool pit replacing two valves that have been needing replacement. While the pool is draining and off for the valve replacement, the staff is taking advantage of deep cleaning and treating our stainless steel.
August 23, 2019 - Staff is deep cleaning the pool deck like they do every quarter in order to prepare the floor for work that will be happening next week. A reminder that the pool and locker room showers will be closed starting Monday!
August 22, 2019 - Staff continued work in the pool area. Lose or chipped tile was removed and cleaned up for repair at a later date. The area that was grounded down yesterday was finished up with a paint job. Finally, the walls of the pool area got painted above the blue line as well.
August 21, 2019 - Staff completed laying the 2nd coat of finish on all the surfaces. They have now moved to deep cleaning the stainless steel gutters and chipping the tile. They will also be grinding the tile down and then we will eventually paint over it for a completed look.
August 20, 2019 - Staff deep cleaned all the wooden handrails around the facility and they are making sure our supplies for our shelter are cleaned and taped up in our shed. They have finished laying a finish coat on the Multi-Purpose Fitness Room floor, they are currently finishing the two Racquetball Courts, and then they will be moving on to the Gymnasium.
August 19, 2019 - Staff is removing portions of cove base around the facility, scraping the glue, and putting new glue down on the corners to help them stick properly. The gymnasium is closed for flooring maintenance. The gymnasium will be screened, pickleball lines will be laid, and two coats of finish will be laid.
Open House at the Green River Recreation Center on Saturday, September 14, 2019 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM with free admission to all participants. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Bring Your Friend to Class for Free week, September 9-13, 2019. During this promotion when a person gains admission to the facility (daily admission + single class fee, monthly membership, or annual membership) and attends class, they can bring a friend to class. The 2nd person will be able to try the class free of charge.
Thank you for your loyal patronage.
1775 Hitching Post Drive
Green River, WY 82935
Phone: (307) 872-0511 ext. 0
City Hall - Parks and Recreation
50 East 2nd North
Green River, WY 82935