Facility Shutdown Schedule
The Green River Recreation Center’s Annual Maintenance will take place on August 19th through September 7th. Updates will be made during this time. In addition to the items listed below, the staff will deep clean the facility.
- The Gymnasium will be closed from Monday, August 19th through Monday, September 2nd. The floors are being screened to take away damage from hard usage; two coats of finish will be applied to the floors, and finally set to dry. Opening: The Gymnasium is projected to open back up Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Multi-Use Fitness Room and Racquetball Courts 1 and 4 will be closed from Tuesday, August 20th through Monday, September 2nd. The floors are being screened to take away damage from hard usage; two coats of finish will be applied to the floors, and finally set to dry. Opening: They will open back up Tuesday, September 3rd.
- The Swimming Pool will be closed Monday, August 26th through Friday, August 30th. We will replace valves on the pool filter tank, redo the finish on the stainless-steel gutters, and lay tuff coat around the remainder of the pool for traction while patching spots on the current tuff coat. Opening: The Swimming Pool is projected to open back up Saturday, August 31st.
- The Shower side of both Locker Rooms will be closed Monday, August 26th through Thursday, August 29th. We will be replacing the roll-up mats in the locker area and laying down the same tuff coat as we have in the pool area. The showers will need to remain dry for four (4) days in order to adhere properly to the tile. Opening: The Showers are projected to open back up Friday, August 30th.
- The Steam Room will be closed Friday, August 30th through Saturday, September 7th. The steam room tile is being replaced in the entire steam room area. We will be removing all the old tile from the floor, benches, and walls and replacing them with newly updated tile. Opening: The Steam Room is projected to open back up Sunday, September 8th.
- The Sauna will be closed Tuesday, September 3 through Friday, September 6th. We will remove the original cedar wood and replace it with all new cedar throughout the entire sauna. The result will be a refurbished and renewed sauna. Opening: The Sauna is projected to open back up Saturday, September 7th.
As many parts of the Green River Recreation Center will be closed periodically, we will extend membership passes by request. Please check with the front desk of the Recreation Center to fill out your extension request or print it here and turn it into the front desk. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. These scheduled maintenance activities are essential and necessary to maintain a quality, clean and safe facility for our patrons for the rest of the year.
The hot tub, weight room, cardio hallway, and portions of the facility will remain open, with varying dates based on the work being done. Please contact the front desk to find out what is open on any particular day (307) 872-0511 ext. 0.
Thank you to our community for your support while we make improvements and upgrades to our facility.
2019 Shutdown Plan of Attack Day-by-Day
All work is done in house by our awesome full-time and part-time staff unless listed otherwise:
- DETAILS COMING SOON!
Open House at the Green River Recreation Center on Saturday, September 14, 2019 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM with free admission to all participants. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Bring Your Friend to Class for Free week, September 9-13, 2019. During this promotion when a person gains admission to the facility (daily admission + single class fee, monthly membership, or annual membership) and attends class, they can bring a friend to class. The 2nd person will be able to try the class free of charge.
Thank you for your loyal patronage.
Check Out our Maintenance projects from 2018!
August 30, 2018, Pool and Wet Area are Open!
August 30, 2018, first coat of finish on the lined gymnasium floor, the carpet was getting set up around the building, and offices got put back together.
August 23, 2018, Cleaned our closets, pool storage floor got the 2nd coat, the pool was filling, the tuff coat was getting laid, staff chipped tile, the steam room door got replaced, all while Joanna took care of patrons at the front desk.
August 22, 2018, Layed primer for the Tuff Coat on the Pool Deck, the Steam Room drain was replaced, the nursery was painted, and the pool storage room and doors were painted.
August 21, 2018, Lines for the Tuff Coat were laid, Gym Floor received its second Sanding, Grout was laid for the Pool Tile, and Pool Filter got painted.
August 20, 2018, Weekend Work, Staff Buffed the Pool, and Lobby was Cleaned.
August 17, 2018, Prepared the Pool Filter Tank for Cleaning and Painting - Save 182K in 15-20 years.
August 17, 2018, Staff deep cleaned the stainless steel.
August 17, 2018, Sanded and coated the front desk, deep cleaned the lobby, and buffed the pool deck.
August 15, 2018, Sanded the gym floor, painted around the facility, and the 2nd coat of finish for racquetball courts 2 & 3.
August 14, 2018, Sanding of the Gym floor began. Sanded and 1st coat on racquetball courts 2 & 3, and painted.
1775 Hitching Post Drive
Green River, WY 82935
Phone: (307) 872-0511 ext. 0
City Hall - Parks and Recreation
50 East 2nd North
Green River, WY 82935