The Accounting Division has several functions of which financial record keeping is most important. This includes receiving, processing, and payment of bills. Payroll is another important duty. Currently Accounting prepares and distributes payroll for about 110 full-time employees and 100 part-time / seasonal employees every two weeks.
The Division also reads water meters and calculates, mails, and collects payments of utility bills for water, sewer, and garbage collection for more than 4,000 customers every month.
As part of Accounting and pursuant to Wyoming Statutes, the City Clerk is responsible for maintaining and preserving City historical records. The Clerk is also responsible for liquor licensing throughout the City, public notices, preparation of agendas and minutes, and publishing of City Council proceedings.
The Accounting Division works toward the following goals:
- Maintaining all City records in accordance with the record management policies
- Preparing Council agendas
- Transcribing minutes of the City's public meetings
- Preparing utility bills for all City water, sewer, and solid waste accounts.
- Collecting and recording all City revenues
- Paying vendors for City merchandise and equipment purchases.
- Submitting monthly financial information
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual budget and the annual audit
For more information, please contact the Accounting Division
at (307) 872-6122.