The Solid Waste Division collects solid waste generated in the City limits of Green River and transports it to the Landfill.
- Municipal Solid Waste(MSW) - waste generated in a home or business and could include food and wrappings, furniture, cardboard, pop containers, paper products, etc.
- Yard Waste - organic material such as grass clippings, leaves, branches, etc.
- Metal - fencing, bicycles, heaters, iron, car parts, bed frames, etc.
- White Goods - refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers and other appliances
- Construction and Demolition - wood, sheet rock, brick, concrete, roofing, etc.
- Household Hazardous Waste - paint, batteries, chemicals, insecticides, herbicides, gasoline, old medications, fuels, oils, etc.
MSW should be the only waste collected from City issued containers. Services provided for other waste collection options are:
Green Waste Dumpsters
- free to residents for seasonal yard waste recycling.
The City of Green River has provided Green Waste dumpsters for residential use. Green Waste is defined as any organic material such as grass, leaves and/or branches. Branches should be 4 feet or less in length, no tree trunks or stumps.
Deposit your Green Waste in one of the dumpsters at the Public Works facility on East Teton. No trash bags, dirt or other heavy material in these containers please!
Collection Routes and Days
Routes are completed Monday through Friday by the Collection crew. Saturday, a handful of business containers are serviced.
View the Automated Residential Trash Collection Brochure
for additional information.