- If you have purchased a vehicle out-of-state you will need to have a Vehicle Identification Number Inspection done.
VIN inspections can be done at the GRPD M-F from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm*.
Please bring a copy of the title, sales paperwork, or insurance card with the VIN number on it inside so it may be verified before the officer looks at your vehicle.
Officers are available after hours by calling dispatch at 307-875-1400.
- The GRPD offers fingerprint services Tuesdays from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, and Thursdays from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. or by appointment.*
- Found property will be held by the department for 30 days. If the owner is known, notification will be attempted by GRPD. After 30 days, found property will be disposed of in accordance to
property from the Green River Police Department an appointment should be made prior to the request of any property release by calling 307-872-6170. M-F 9 am- 4 pm.
- 1. Written authorization to release the property from the Sweetwater County Attorney's Office or the City of Green River Prosecuting Attorney. The process for obtaining this approval may take extra time
- 2. Written authorization to release the property from the Detective or Case Officer responsible for the case.
The Evidence Technician can facilitate the process for the release of property, but does not have the authority to determine what property can be released or when it can be released.
Prescription Drug Drop Off- The GRPD has a prescription drug drop off box located in the lobby, available during operating hours. *
Only prescription drugs can be placed in the drop off box, no sharps or liquids.
*Excluding City observed holidays.
Funeral Escorts- are available by request. Requests must be made by calling dispatch at least 24 hours prior to the start of the escort.
House Checks- GRPD officers conduct house checks for people who leave town for extended times or are gone on vacations, hospital stays, etc. If you need a house check scheduled please call dispatch.
Business / School Security Checks- GRPD officers check local business' and schools for security issues, i.e. open doors, suspicious activity after hours, and alarms. If you need to add your location to be checked please call dispatch and add your information.
TIPS Training- TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving by enhancing the fundamental "people skills" of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol. TIPS gives individuals the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies. The GRPD hosts TIPS training's several times a year.