Click to Home
Go To Search
Rules & Regulations

Green River Pet Owners Should Know:

  • All animal bites must be reported to Animal Control at (307) 872-0570 within 24 hours. The owner of any animal biting a person must show written proof of a current rabies vaccination immediately. Failure to do so, or if no owner can be located, will result in that animal being held in quarantine for a period of 15-20 days. The animal may be held at the Green River Animal Shelter or at a veterinarian clinic, with all fees to be paid by the owner.
  • All pets must be vaccinated against rabies at the age of 6 months. This immunization will be considered good or current for a period of two years, at which time the animal is to be re-vaccinated.
  • All pets over the age of 6 months must be licensed with the City of Green River. To obtain a City license the owner must provide the City Clerk with a current rabies certificate at the time the license is issued. Owners of any pets not eligible for licensing must obtain a permit from the City Administrator.
  • It is unlawful for any animal to run at large within the City. Every animal must be contained upon the property of its owner or under the immediate control of a competent person.
  • It is unlawful for any owner to allow his pet to become a public nuisance with continuous or untimely barking or noise, molesting passersby, chasing vehicles, trespassing upon school grounds or private property, attacking other domestic animals, or being allowed to cause noxious odors from unsightly and unsanitary living conditions.
  • It shall be considered cruelty for any person to abandon, maltreat, torture, torment, or to kill any animal in an inhumane way. It shall also be Cruelty for any owner to fail to provide his animals with sufficient good and wholesome food and water, proper shelter and protection from the weather, veterinary care when needed to prevent suffering, and to fail to treat these animals with humane care. It shall be unlawful for anyone to cause or permit combat between any animals or between any animal and humans.
  • The driver of any motor vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to a domestic animal shall immediately stop and render such assistance as may be possible and shall take reasonable steps to notify the owner of said animal or give notice of the accident to the city police department or the animal control office of the city.

City of Green River - Fish it, float it, live it - Wyoming