The Patrol Division is lead by a lieutenant who is committed to providing our community with the highest level of professional law enforcement service. These competent officers provide the first response to a vast array of calls ranging from giving lost motorists directions to murder cases.
The officers of the Police Patrol Division are some of the most visible and well trained representatives of local government who are "Working Together to Serve You Better." View employment opportunities
Service Calls & Investigations
Police officers assigned to the patrol division respond to approximately 15,000 calls for service each year and complete preliminary investigations into all crimes occurring in the City.
The Patrol Division responds to assaults, larcenies, disturbances, and domestic violence calls, as well as traffic enforcement and accident investigation. In addition to traditional criminal and traffic enforcement responsibility, the Patrol Division also provides other helpful community services including:
- Responding whenever an ambulance is dispatched and many times administering basic first aid or CPR prior to the ambulance's arrival
- Providing house checks by request for people out of town
- Provide nightly security checks of schools and local businesses
- Checking on the welfare of senior citizens
- Delivering emergency messages
- Providing bank escorts for businesses
The City of Green River has provided the resources, training, and equipment that allow the patrol division to provide other special services to the community like: