Spaceport Day 2018
SPACEPORT DAYS 2018
- Friday Night: Movie at the Airport
- Saturday: Pancakes & Fly-In
- Fundraising Raffle: Donation to Kayla Vigil Medical Expenses Fund
- FIRE PITS: Join us fireside prior to the movie. Smores anyone?
- MOVIE: This year's film is October Sky (1999). The true story of Homer Hickam, a coal miner's son who was inspired by the first Sputnik launch to take up rocketry against his father's wishes. This is a great movie for kids and adults interested in science, rockets, space, and engineering!
WHAT TO BRING:
- PANCAKE BREAKFAST: $7 All you can eat pancakes, served with a side of sausage, coffee or juice. Hosted by the Boy Scouts Troop #312
- FLY IN: See planes and an UH60 Blackhawk (military helicopter) up close! Watch them take off and land on our air strip.
- Are you a pilot? FLY IN FOR A FREE BREAKFAST!
- Friday Evening: Bug spray, Smores supplies, camp chairs, flashlight, blankets, movie snacks & beverage
- Saturday: Sunblock, camp chairs,camera, water
Did you know our airport was listed #1 on the Nation's Quirkiest Airports Top-Seven List?? Come see what that's all about!
** This event is funded by a Wyoming Aeronautics Division grant. **
Prior Spaceport Days Events:
The 1st Annual Community Spaceport Day was a huge success. Below are some highlights from this spectacular event. We are excited to start planning for the 2014 Community Spaceport Day!
Thank you to all of our volunteers that helped make this event a success! We could not have done it without you.