It's more than just a job...
It's an experience that can help save a life
AMERICAN RED CROSS WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
Here are just a few of the many reasons to join our winning team -
- Have fun working in the pool with your friends and peers
- Gain terrific work experience as an aquatics professional
- Earn money, or join a volunteer team, while teaching people to swim
- Gain the respect of your peers
- Learn leadership and teaching skills that will help you in any career
- Make a difference in others' lives as well as your own
- Teach skills that may save a life
Each year the American Red Cross teaches more than 2 million children and adults to swim. Red Cross Water Safety Instructors are in demand throughout the country and certification is recognized nationwide, so you can work wherever you go.
Here's what you'll be able to teach as a Water Safety Instructor:
- Learn-to-Swim (Levels 1-6)
- Parent and Child Aquatics
- Water Safety Presentations
Dates/Times: Monday, March 18 (prerequisite evaluation) 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM at GRRC
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday, March 19, 21, & 22 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM at GRRC
Monday thru Friday, March 25 - 29 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM at GRRC
Tuesday & Thursday, April 2 & 4 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM at GRRC
*Students must attend all classes*
Fees: $130 to Green River Parks and Recreation when you register (includes WSI Manual with CD-ROM,
Swimming and Water Safety Manual, Water Safety Handbook, and the Learn-to-swim participant's booklets).
Register by: 9:00 PM, Friday, August 10 at the Green River Recreation Center
*Must be 16 years old on or before the final schedule session of this course; swim (in good form for 25 yards each) Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Breaststroke, Elementary backstroke, Sidestroke, and Butterfly (15 yards); Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling); and Tread water for 1 minute.
If ADA accommodations are needed, please call (307) 872-0511, (307) 872-0509 fax.
For more information, call Sherry at (307) 872-0517 or the Recreation Center Front Desk at (307) 872-0511