Click to Home
Go To Search
Obtaining a Business License
Before doing business in the City of Green River, a business license must be applied for and approved by the Community Development Department.

For more information, download the Business License Brochure.

Procedures for obtaining a license are as follows:

  • Obtain and complete the business license application and home occupation form (if applicable) available in the Community Development Department located at City Hall, 50 E 2nd N, Green River, WY 82935. You may reach the Community Development Department by telephone at (307) 872-6140.
  • The Community Development Department must review and approve the completed application.
  • Fees must be paid.

General guidelines for conducting business in Green River:

  • Restaurants or businesses where handling of food is required must also submit a letter from the State Health Inspector indicating their approval.

Home Occupations:

A home occupation is a gainful occupation or profession, whether conducted on-site or off-site, which is clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling for dwelling purposes, and does not change the residential character thereof.

For more information on home occupations please review the Home Occupation Permit Application.

City of Green River - Fish it, float it, live it - Wyoming