The Green River Fire Department is a volunteer organization that serves the City of Green River and the surrounding western portion of Sweetwater County, providing fire protection and other emergency services.
There are many benefits to being a firefighter with the Green River Fire Department and they begin with the opportunity to serve the Citizens of Green River.
As members of the Green River Fire Department we are able to give back to our community with Professional Emergency Services delivered to the citizens of Green River and surrounding area when needed or requested. This is an exciting and rewarding way to also earn extra income, while becoming a part of one of the largest recognized families in the world, the International Family of Firefighters.
Some of the benefits for the firefighters are as follows:
1) Firefighters are paid bi-annually on a per call basis for the calls attended, which can result in an average annual income of $5,000.00
2) Training opportunity to obtain Firefighter 1 Certification from the Wyoming Department of Fire Prevention and Electrical Safety at no cost
3) Annual Physical Examination at no cost
4) Vaccinations at no cost
5) Training opportunities at various Fire Schools that are paid for
6) Continuing Education with Columbia Southern University through a Partnership program that has discounts for members, spouses and their children. Members are responsible for their own Tuition Fees
7) Wyoming Fire Chief’s Association currently has an Education/Training Grant available for firefighters
8) Participation in the State of Wyoming Volunteer Firefighter Pension Fund that is paid for
9) Volunteer Firefighter Insurance Service that is paid for
10) State of Wyoming Workers Compensation Coverage
11) Wellness and Fitness Program through the Green River Recreation Center for firefighters
If you are interested in becoming a fire fighter for the City of Green River Fire Department you can call (307) 872-0545, (307) 872-0543 or come to Fire Station #2 located at 500 Shoshone Avenue and talk to Chief Mike Kennedy, Assistant Chief Mike Liberty, or Assistant Chief Dea Cargile for more information and to pick up an application.